This is a quick post, but I wanted to share an easy meal for you on this lovely Friday, in the hopes that it might give you an easy weekend meal idea – or an idea for next week while you meal-plan this weekend. ;-)
On my last post, I hinted that I might have made this:
If you have read my posts, you know that I don’t eat a lot of meat. I’m a fish and veggie kind of girl – but every so often something tempts me that I just have to try, like this Chili Lime Chicken Taco Recipe. My family LOVED this meal – and I loved how super easy it was to make! I served it with a Daily Garnish Quinoa recipe, minus the mushrooms. It is similar to our Quinoa dish that I serve frequently in our house but uses lime instead of spices and also avocado instead of corn. Deeeeeelicious!!
My husband and kids ate their tacos in flour tortillas – I had mine in lettuce wraps.
|Easy Lime Chili Chicken Tacos||
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (spend some time cleaning and trimming the fat)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Place the chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine lime juice and cumin/chili powder with a whisk, then brush over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker.
- Stir in corn and your favorite salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve in tortillas or lettuce wraps and top with your favorite taco toppings.
Really, really yummy meal and a total hit with the whole family. Hopefully this will give you an easy dinner idea for the weekend! You can just throw it together and then go run your Saturday/Sunday errands, coming home to an easy breezy meal! :)
Happy Weekend, Everyone!