Wanted to share a couple with you I made over the last week.
The first one is from my friend Kristine…I LOVE this because it’s SO simple but so good too…it’s a family favorite now ! I usually serve the chicken on the side so it can easily be vegetarian too.
|Easy Enchilada Soup and Buffalo Chili|
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 large can green enchilada sauce (28 ounces) – or any homemade green chili enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with baked tortilla strips and a dollop of sour cream or some whole grain crackers!
And this is another one of our favorites…I made this for a Texas Rangers watching party we had Saturday night…it was a hit and again SO EASY !!! And I also made Kim’s 15 Bean Soup as there were a couple of us who don’t eat meat … it was so yummy that I had it for breakfast the next morning
Easy Buffalo Chili
(This recipe has been doubled…I always do this so I have some to freeze but you can cut it in half if you wish)
Easy Buffalo Chili
- 3 pounds ground bison/buffalo (see the chart below for why I love using this … low in fat/calories/cholesterol and highest in protein)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 (16 oz.) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 6 T tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Saute onion, garlic, bell peppers and ground buffalo (if using a higher fat meat, brown the meat separately and drain…buffalo has hardly any fat to drain) until meat is brown. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
I’d love to hear any of your favorite Fall recipes…always looking for ideas and inspiration !
ALSO, we will be announcing our next giveaway on Sunday so don’t forget to check back
Hope everyone has a Happy & Healthy Hump Day !!!!!