Anyway, in the spirit of all of our fun giveaways, when I received word that Nutiva was sending us a package that we could giveaway, I decided to try to find a recipe that would use the ingredients they are sending us! So to whomever wins our next giveaway that includes the Nutiva products (picture below, and sorry, but my 5 year old just had to be included in the pic!) – I hope you’ll try this recipe!
I actually found the recipe off of the Nutiva site, and it is SO GOOD! I made it twice – the first time, while it tasted great, the texture was was a little weird. Almost like marshmallow creme. So I re-made it, following the instructions more carefully, and the turnout was PERFECT! Just what you would expect pudding to be like!
We’ll announce the Nutiva, and other fun items we are giving away sometime next week. First, we need to get through our awesome Forks Over Knives Giveaway – and our Vega Giveaway. But, one of you will get these awesome products that seemingly made my 5 year old really giggle. :) And by the way, it’s not too late to enter the FOK/Vega Giveaway. We’ll be accepting entries through the end of tomorrow, and announce the winner on Saturday! Read this post, to find out how to enter!
Below is the awesome pudding recipe with a picture. It is SO, SO good. And how else can you find a way to get in your Chia Seeds, Hemp Seeds, and Coconut Oil in one sitting? I was pretty excited! I topped the pudding with Cacao Nibs, but if you don’t have any, you can top this with blueberries, mini chocolate chips, or it is really good plain. If you do use Cacao Nibs, my suggestion would be to fold them into the pudding a couple of hours before serving so they can soften a bit. Otherwise, they can be pretty crunchy/hard on the teeth! :) I can ALMOST guarantee that if you have a pulse, you’ll love this pudding! :)
|Creamy Dreamy Superfood Pudding!||
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup Nutiva hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutiva coconut oil (I used a little less)
- 2 ½ Tbsp chia seeds
- Soak the cashews in water for 4-6 hours. When finished rinse the cashews with water and strain. (don’t leave this part out! I made it without and with soaking – huge difference!)
- If coconut oil is solid place in a pan or double boiler on the lowest temperature possible. (or stick in the microwave for about 6 seconds) Once oil becomes a clear liquid turn the heat off. Coconut oil should melt at 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the water, the soaked cashews, the hemp seeds, the coconut sugar, the salt, and the vanilla extract in a high-speed blender. (My Vitamix was PERFECT for this)
- Blend on high until you have a nice creamy consistency.
- Turn the blender on low and while it is running slowly pour in the melted coconut oil. Place the lid back on and run the blender on high for a few seconds.
- Turn the blender on low and slowly pour in the chia seeds. You will want to make sure the chia seeds stay whole. (important, I also tried this with and without keeping them whole. My recommendation is to keep them in tact.)
- Place mixture in a sealed container (a quart size mason jar works great) and refrigerate over night. Super Food Chia Pudding is great topped with cacao nibs and hemp seeds or fresh berries
Makes 4 cups, or approximately 6-8 servings.
Health, happiness, and hugs…Kim
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”