I was at my friend Kim’s house last week for her Vintage Couture party…if you have young children and looking for some adorable outfits..check her site out here ! They just released their Fall collection !
Anyway, she served this dip and it is so easy to make and SO good !!! I made it Saturday night and it was a huge hit :
|Tomato Basil Dip|
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried Basil (I chopped a handful of fresh basil)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place tomatoes (and basil if you are using fresh) in food processor (or Vitamix)
- Pulse for a few seconds
- Add remaining ingredients
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes
- Serve with crackers or crusty bread. YUM !
One other quick recipe that I made over the weekend is sweet potato fries. This is a family favorite and if you’ve never made them, they are so good and so easy!!
My favorite easy but healthy side dish:
Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Cut the sweet potatoes into slices or wedges, drizzle some olive oil making sure to lightly coat throughout, and finally, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. I like to serve these with Whitewater Veggie Burgers, or Sunshine Burgers!
On another note, HealthyMamma Kim was in town Monday night…so good to see her! :-) Look for a post soon from her about our fun night of cooking – and maybe even some wine partaking!
Have a happy healthy day!!!! – Jenn