|Stuffed Bell Peppers|
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken breasts (organic! You could also use ground beef for a more traditional stuffed pepper)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (15 oz.) of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Wash peppers well and cook for 5 minutes in boiling water (enough water to cover peppers). Drain on paper towels.
- Combine chicken, onion, garlic, rice and 1 cup of the sauce in a medium skillet and warm over medium heat.
- Heat through.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Fill each pepper with the chicken/rice mixture.
- Stand each upright in dish.
- If needed, slice a little off the bottom of each pepper to make level. Cover with remaining sauce.
- Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes @ 350. Uncover, top with cheese and cook until melted (about 10 minutes).
I also made Melissa’s vegan pumpkin muffins over the weekend…SO DELICIOUS !!!!!! If you missed it last week, check out her recipe!
I hope everyone has a great week and if you are lucky enough to have your parents still in your lives, give them a hug or a phone call today !!!