So far I have made apple pancakes, gazpacho soup, a yummy frozen Cosmo!! :) And much more. This thing is SO amazingly powerful and it just take so much less time and frustration to do what you would try to do with a blender or a food processor. One of the things I thought was really cool is that you can blend things – but still make them “chunky”. You just have to try it …
The first thing I made is Apple Pancakes! My nephews were over and they loved them !! And Zane, my little picky man LOVED them SO MUCH – he requested them again. I have made them twice now. So yummy – and about as healthy as a pancake can get. We put only a little agave on these – they are sweet and delicious on their own!!
Sorry about my pathetic pics!!! Trust me, they are yumm-o!!
|Apple Pancake Recipe|
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 TBS sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp heart-healthy butter spread
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup soy milk or lowfat milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 medium apple
- Blend first 6 ingredients in medium size bowl by hand – set aside
- Place last 5 ingredients in Vitamix (or blender) and secure lid
- If using Vitamix, select Variable 1 and then quickly increase to high for 30 seconds
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and blend by hand until incorporated
- Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes
- *tip* Cook these much longer than you would regular pancake mix. They have to be pretty thoroughly cooked before you can flip them without them falling apart! Enjoy!!