Citrus free – Gluten free – Nightshade free – Vegan – Nut free
This is my favorite summer salad of all time. My local Whole Foods has ‘the orignal’ which I have modified to fit my food sensitively profile. My kids like to pretend they are cows eating this bit of yummy, as it takes some chewing to get through all the kale! Enjoy!
Summer Kale Salad with Avacado Dressing
- 2 bunches organic kale, ripped from stalks into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbls. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp. raw sesame seeds
- 3/4 tsp. Himalyan salt or quality sea salt of your choice
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Toss kale and red onions in a large bowl.
Smash avacado to a cream texture (you could blend if your avacado is not overly ripe), adding vinegar, salt and pepper.
Thoroughly mix dressing over kale and onion mixture. I’ve found that this will stay fresh with the dressing for up to three days in the refrigerator – thanks Mrs. Braggs!
Note – this is also great with the addition of 3 Tbs. raw pine nuts to give a boot of protein and crunch.