It is another one of my go-to recipes…we have it about every 2 or 3 weeks.
- 2 garlic clove – minced or chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 3 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly brown garlic and onion in olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces and brown well.
- Stir in broth, rice, oregano and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender and water is absorbed, about 45 minutes (I sometimes add more broth at the end if I have longer to cook it) .
- Remove bay leaf and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or another green veggie of your choice !